Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year...

Look Of The Day [January 1/09] 1

With 2008 securely behind us, I am ready to make some new resolutions of the practical sort. I want to say I will be a more consistent blogger once again, and will try to blog daily, but the fact is that I have learned a little something about balancing priorities in the last year, so I will not make promises I know cannot be kept. I want to promise to showcase things new and fabulous and undiscovered, but as I am still on my no-shopping diet, I can only promise to work with what I have and highlight new ways to interpret things already in my wardrobe. But what I do resolve is to be constant, to be fair, and to be honest. I have and will always blog the things I love and treasure, and find value in. I blog as a personal exercise that I am happy to share with anyone who might be interested.

Look Of The Day [January 1/09] 3

Last night I DJd for a total of four hours, a marathon of two amazing back-to-back New Year's Eve parties at PIN UPS surrounded by my friends and the people I love. I wanted to wear something I could actually see myself stepping out in to a RL party in. Something elegant and comfortable, stylish and timeless, and something I already owned. I was thrilled to rediscover this amazing Paper Couture Silk Gypsy gown. It is from a previous season, and may no longer be available, but it is so amazingly well done. I love the puddle of the fishtail train, the corset style waist, and the billowy sleeves. There is nothing more classic then a great black gown. This one will stand the test of time, and is a treasured piece of my wardrobe.

Look Of The Day [January 1/09] 2

I went with simple accessories, notably the ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~ Jujubes Gems Antique Silver Earring and Bangles that I am also wearing in this month's issue of Vain Inc. Magazine's Look Of The Month. I choose to wear the Onyx stones here, but they are scripted to offer a choice of twelve gem tones, and I love the chunky big gems that are really classic yet a real hot trend this season in particular. I am also wearing my Caroline's Jewelry Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring, which of course most know is my engagement ring and I am rarely without it. The bag is a fabulous freebie from (Yummy), and if it hadn't been free I would have bought it in a heartbeat, I love the look of this amazing Vintage 1920's Black Bead Bag. I am a true handbag addict, and as I count the days till I will shop again, I have a growing list of purses I will be buying first. The shoes are the absolutely impeccable Maitreya Virtue in Patent Black that were a treasured find at the Shoe Fair this year. They are spectacular, stylish, and very chic.

Look Of The Day [January 1/09] 4

This Glamour hair has been in my inventory for well over a year, and is an elegant favorite of mine. I hope it is still available at Panache, though when I purchased it the shop was called Hose Queen. It also comes with some jeweled combs that are really spectacular as well. Skin is my special occasion favorite from Celestial Studios, as are the amazing Lashes. Eyes are simply stunning Hazel Eyes from Miriel.

Wishing you all the very best in the coming year, in both your real and virtual lives. Most importantly, be true to yourselves, be honest about your opinions, and don't be afraid to step away from the herd. Dance to the beat of your own drummer, and do it like no one is watching. Oh, and one more resolution, I need to stop taking myself so darn seriously and have more fun! Happy 2009!

Shopping Details:
Gown - Paper Couture, p.c.; Silk Gypsy [Previous Season Release, Possibly No Longer Available]
Shoes - Maitreya, Virtue - Patent Black
Bag - Yummy, Vintage 1920's Black Bead Bag [Freebie]
Earrings - ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, Jujubes Gems Antique Silver Earrings
Bracelets - ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, Jujubes Gems Antique Silver Bangles
Ring - Caroline's Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - Hose Queen [Panache Island - Zyrra & HoseQueen], Glamour (Black)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Silver 2 + Body Glitter)
Lashes - Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes, Club 1
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: