Friday, October 31, 2008

Elvira, Mistress of the Dorks!

Elvira Mistress Of The Dorks [October 30/08] 2

Just having a little more Halloween fun tonight, with the "Horror Pops" Event at PIN UPS. I wasn't ready to go full-on gore, but settled on a cross between favorite vampy icons Elvira and Morticia Adams. It started with this great costume from A Touch of Ireland, and if you have never been there to costume shop, you have to check it out. Some crazy adorable costumes, and all really sexy too. This Morticia Dress also came with a choker I decided to leave off, but it is the plunging v-neck that made it feel more Elvira to me.

Elvira Mistress Of The Dorks [October 30/08] 3

How could you not take every opportunity to wear this amazing Amy hair from Aden. It is the biggest of Bee-Hive Dos I have found yet, and it so over the top it screams for attention. The skin was a gift from bianca Foulon, who's bianca F. Drama make-ups are really worth checking out. Some are a little too over the top for me, but they are really interesting and photograph so well. Separated Lashes are from Cake, and my favorite Hazel Eyes are from Miriel.

Elvira Mistress Of The Dorks [October 30/08] 1

I went with some great jewelry pieces, starting with one of the amazing gifts from the Jewelry Expo, (Caroline's) Satin Ribbon Mermaid Cameo Necklace. It's a really sweet piece, and I would have bought it if it hadn't been free, I like it that much. Kayla Brushed Steel Earrings are from from (Second Mirage), which is back in business after a brief hiatus, which is something to really be glad about. Incredibly fantastic, though mostly hidden, are the phenomenal BAX Patent Black Ankle Boots. I have no idea how Bax Coen managed to made these look so amazingly real, like they wrap the ankle like a glove, but they are undeniably sexy and sharp. Also wearing my (Caroline's) Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring, which I am happy to wear any time my hand is free.

Yes I am a dork when it comes to Halloween, it is the ultimate costume-a-thon, but when else can you get away with such campy fun? Happy Halloween everyone!

Shopping Details:
Costume - A Touch of Ireland, Morticia Dress/Costume
Shoes - BAX, Ankle Boots Black Patent [Review Copy]
Necklace - (Caroline's), Satin Ribbon Mermaid Cameo Necklace [Jewelry Expo Gift]
Earring - (Second Mirage), Kayla Brushed Steel Earrings
Ring - (Caroline's), Gimcrack DIamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - Aden, Amy (Black)
Skin - bianca F., fata3-saharabase-dramalightdeep [Review Copy]
Lashes - Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: