Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Elegantly Waisted

Look Of The Day [October 7/08] 2

I have been on a casual jag lately, and I decided it was time to class things up a bit. I was surprised on log-in yesterday to find some gifts from Neferia Abel in my inventory, a number of her latest releases, and I couldn't wait to dive in and see what the folders held inside. The very first outfit I pulled on was this Aksana Highwaist Skirt Outfit in Grey. It is another one of the reasons I adore ~~Ivalde~~ so very much, it makes dressing beyond easy. This outfit comes with a number of layer options, so you can wear the top or skirt separately, as well as some stockings (though I opted to go with a Black pair of Tights from Blaze*). I love the fine grey plaid of the skirt, and Nef's hand painted details are really sweet. The ruffled blouse comes with a prim collar, and is a great photo-real texture that looks elegant yet understated.

Look Of The Day [October 7/08] 1

Nef often tells me that she thinks Morrigan Hyun's Elegance Hats are under-represented on the feeds, and I tend to agree. This amazing Thalia Hat is really spectacular, a mix of pearls and flowers, black twisting loops that look almost celestial. I am pretty sure that Morrigan sent it to me after I saw it and commented on it in her Flickr feed, but it is so fantastic, I may have bought it, and certainly would have if it wasn't sent to me. Speaking of fantastic, it has been said before and needs to be said again, Tesla Miles newest release of these amazing Hylda Low Boots are simply brilliant. I am always impressed when -Tesla- has a new release because each one trumps the last in terms of quality and style. These boots are great with elegant metal accents and a great selection of colour options. I had a blast picking up freebies and shopping the Jewelry Expo this week, and am thrilled to show off some of my goodies, starting with these simple but much needed Stud Earrings from Sian Birke Jewelry. I have always wanted a basic stud earring, and this offers endless combinations for metals and gemstones by script. I also nabbed these ~flirt~ Hearts & Diamonds Bracelets in the Semi-Precious Stones version. They can easily be worked into a more dressy or more casual look. A big chunky Catherine Black Pearl Cocktail Ring from ~Muse~, who was sadly missing from the Expo, is still a favorite, and a really stunning piece. A simple Silver Clutch from Adam N Eve finished off the accessories for this look.

Look Of The Day [October 7/08] 3

I picked up this great Minako Hair from Kin at the Hair Fair, I am still wading through my folders from the Fair, and this style is really punky, but somehow works perfectly to set off the elegant factor of this look with a little bit of edge. It works really well with the hat too. A favorite skin from Celestial Studios, the Silver 2 in the Charmed Line is always a fun one to wear with a more classic style, giving it a glam factor. Separated Lashes are from Cake, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes from Freak Fantasia complete the essentials. This time, and elegant look was definitely not wasted on me.

Shopping Details:
Blouse, Skirt - ~~Ivalde~~, Aksana Grey Highwaist Skirt (Includes Stockings, Not Worn)[Gift From Designer]
Tights – Blaze*, Pantyhose/Tights Bundle
Boots - -Tesla-, Hylda Low Boots (Black)[Review Copy]
Purse – Adam N Eve, Handbag, Clutch (Silver)
Hat – Elegance Hats, Thalia (Black & White)[? Review Copy]
Bracelets - ~flirt~, Hearts & Diamonds Bracelets, Semi-Precious Stones [Jewelry Expo]
Earrings – Sian Birke Jewelry, Stud Earrings [Jewelry Expo]
Ring - ~Muse~, Catherine Black Pearl Cocktail Ring (Platinum)
Hair – Kin, Minako (Black) [Hair Fair]
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skin (Tone 20, Silver 2)
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes