Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sundays And Tea Parties

Look Of The Day [August 5/08] 1

I have a weakness for lovely crisp looking party dresses. Not gowns, not funky club wear, but the sort of gowns that look clean and starched and belong to lovely summer days and bridal showers, and teas and such. The moment I spotted this darling dress at Frozen Turquoise Valentine is was smitten. The ribbon cut edged bodice and hem are so lovely, it almost appears as if a pair of giant pinking shears has clipped out the pretty zig zag designs. But the very most delightful part of this Country Club Sunday dress is the amazing satin sash. It comes with both Red and Blue versions of the sash, so you can go with either one, or go without the sash entirely. I just adore the off center knotted bow, it look like something a bridesmaid might wear to a casual summer wedding if not for the pure white of the dress. I was concerned that with my larger bust size I might look silly with such a large detail, but it worked well with my figure, so I imagine it likely works well for most shapes. I am continually impressed watching fashion houses like Frozen Turquoise Valentine develop such fresh, new polished looks.

Accessorizing with red is always a tricky thing. There are so many shades of red, with blue based and orange based reds, it can be difficult to find perfect matches. This pair of [Armidi Gisaci] Barcelona Slingbacks in Falu have always served me well, I love the shape of them, and the colour is such a perfect match here. I also pulled in a little more red with this *Muism* Red Clutch, I love the Wrist Chain Detail, and I have used it quite a bit lately. I went with a simple Ribbon Me Pretty Necklace, a strand of white beads affixed to a ribbon from Tickled Pink. Necklaces on ribbons are flooding the pages of the top RL Fashion Magazines, so I eagerly anticipate seeing more in-world soon. To carry on with my Tea Party look, I brought in a little kitsch with this sweet Tea Party Charm Bracelet from Photon Pink. The simple Princess Ring is a lovely piece from Paper Couture.

Look Of The Day [August 5/08] 2

This hair is a long time favorite from -=H2L=-, the Kaori style is big and soft, it is romantic and lovely, and not at all stuffy, precisely the look I was going for here. The skin is the lovely Canimal Essence Skin in the Pinup make-up, I just adore the shading on the cheeks. Separated Lashes are from Cake, and Glassy Mustard Green Eyes are from Freak Fantasia. An altogether delightful look for those Sunday Tea Parties.

Shopping Details:
Dress – FTV, Country Club Sunday
Shoes – [Armidi Gisaci], Barcelona Slingbacks (Falu)
Bag - *Muism*, Clutch (Wrist Chaine) Red
Necklace – Tickled Pink, Ribbon Me Pretty Necklace (White)
Bracelet – Photon Pink, Tea Party Charm Bracelet
Ring – Paper Couture, P.C., Princes Ring
Hair - -=H2L=-, Kaori Silver
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Pinup
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes - Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes

No comments: