Monday, June 23, 2008

Green & Gold Dreams

Look Of The Day [June 17/2008] 3

I am just the sort of crazy that collects clothing whether I might ever wear it or not. One thing I can't resist is a great ballgown, and when I saw this elegant Serenity Gown at ~~Ivalde~~ I knew I needed it, even though I had no particular event in mind. When we celebrated one of the PIN UPS GIRLS Rez Day Parties at PIN UPS and it was a "Best in Green" Event, it was finally time to wear this elegant gown. It bodice is beaded with golden yellow and this lush fresh spring green colour falls nicely between too pastel and too bright. I love the flowing layers of what looks like organza, it moves brilliantly when dancing.

Look Of The Day [June 17/2008] 1

I decided to pick up on the yellow in the gown with this classic Kamoana Necklace & Earrings Set from -EARTHTONES-, which is so versatile it can be worn dressed up or easily take a trip to the beach. It is lovely, with organic pieces of shell in irregular shapes, and it seems to reflect light. I particularly love the delicate earring that lends itself well to the collar like necklace. I also pulled on some bracelets from -EARTTONES-, the Lushwood Cuffs have little inset gems that bring in both yellow and green accents. A sweet Yellow Clutch from Tres Blah is perfect for stashing a few LaLas for last minute shopping. My shoes were entirely hidden by the gown, but I wanted to show them off simply because they are such a perfect match, these Lime and Gold "Gotcha" Stilettos from Sylfie's Prim Seductions were one of the first pairs of prims shoes I ever purchased, and I couldn't resist taking them out for a spin once again. Gimcrack Ring by Caroline's Jewelry.

Look Of The Day [June 17/2008] 2

I had been waiting for the right time to wear this sleek up-do from The Abyss, and it seemed the perfect time to show off my Jewelry to full advantage. This Xia style is one of the closest to the head styles I have seen, really well conceived. I am wearing a skin from Esthetica Make-Up Arts, it was a gift in the Retrology Easter Hunt, but is available to purchase. Alexis Stapovic, of Flawed Perfect, is making some lovely skins now that won't break your bank, and she does some custom work too. Love Lashes are by [Detour], and Watery Eyes in Splatter from BBBM.

Shopping Details:
Gown - ~~Ivalde~~, Serenity Gown (Green)
Bag – Tres Blah, Clutch (Yellow)
Shoes – Sylfie Minogue, “Gotcha” Gold/Lime Stilettos, Ribbons
Necklace, Earrings - -EARTHTONES-, Kamoana Necklace & Earrings (Yellow)
Bracelets - -EARTHTONES-, Lushwood Cuff (Spring/Gold)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Hair – The Abyss, Hair, Xia (Steel)
Skin – Esthetica Make-up Arts, (EMA) Trapt (Amanda) [Retrology Easter Hunt Gift]
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes – BBBM, Watery Eyed, Mud (Splatter)

1 comment:

Phire Zuhra said...

You look beautiful, however I have to deduct cool points for you causing Karma Chameleon to be stuck in my head. It seems if you put green, gold and dreams in a title my brain gets "Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream Red, gold and green" out of it.

Maybe more then you wanted to know :)