Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hell Yeah... I'm The Prom Queen!

Look Of The Day [April 19/2008] 1

When I was planning the re-opening of PIN UPS, and I knew it was going to be a Retro Prom, I was on the look-out for the perfect over the top 80s Pageant Gown. When Paper Couture dropped it's new spring line, I realized I had found it! This adorable Peach Sorbet Gown is just the right mix of Couture, Retro, and Pageant Queen, utilizing flexi, and sculptie attachments in symphony. The adorable turquoise neck ribbon is also included. It moves so nicely, but be warned... the Cheeky Lu sisters did not include a full glitch pant with this gown, and while everything looks fine from above, I would recommend some undies here, unless your goal is to have your va-jay-jay on Display.

I paired this gown with this adorable Kino wig from +*DEJAVU*+, that came with the itty bitty tiara in it, so even if I did not make Prom Queen, I still felt like one! This colour is called white, and while not a true white, a lovely shade in any case. I am wearing one of the new biancaF. skins again, and after being someone using only one line of skins for over a year in-world, I have to say that I am really enjoying the fresh faced look of these skins. Love Lashes from Detour and Splatter Mud Eyes from BBBM complete my list of body essentials.

Look Of The Day [April 19/2008] 2

Little was needed in the way of accessories, but what would prom be without a honking wrist corsage? So when my man gave me this one, I thought it the perfect kitsch accessory. It is by Naydee McGettigan and I believe it is available at the Blue Note SIM. I also picked out the perfect pair of matching slingback shoes, from Shiny Things, these are the must-have Lady Slingbacks, in the Salome Edition - Pink Champagne. So did I make Prom Queen? You bet I did, after repeated Mic Breaks telling everyone to IM the hostess with their votes so we could put the Bling-O-Rama Tiara on some poor girls' head, they chose me to be that lucky gal! Hell Yeah!

Shopping Information:
Eyes – BBBM, Watery Eyes, Mud (Splatter)
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Hair – .+*DEJAVU*+., Kino (White)
Skin – biancaF., Ivoryfata base [Review Copy]
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Flowers – Notable Gifts by Naydee McGettigan, Sparkling Pink Wrist Corsage
Shoes – Shiny Things, Lady Slingbacks, Salome Edition (Pink Champagne)
Gown – Paper Couture, Peach Sorbet Gown (included Neck Ribbon)

No comments: